Power Relationships: 26 Irrefutable Laws for Building Extraordinary Relationships - Introduction
The Relationship Laws that Drive Success
There are powerful but invisible laws that determine whether your relationships —with your clients, colleagues, and friends—will thrive or wither. These relationship laws are invisible but ever-present. When you align with them, the results are dramatic. Your network will grow rapidly. You’ll be seen by clients as a trusted partner rather than an expense to be managed. And you’ll find the people around you anxious to help you succeed.
When you ignore the laws, however, it’s like going against the grain. Your efforts will falter. Relationship building will seem like very hard work—even fruitless.
Power Relationships gives readers a unique, entertaining guide to relationship success at work and in life. Each of the 26 laws is illustrated and explained using a compelling, real-life story that shows how to implement it. The second section of the book presents 16 common relationship challenges with specific solutions. You’ll read about:
- The top Citigroup executive whose relationship with a CEO was changed forever on a business trip that exploded into chaos, and how you can use the same principle to deepen your own relationships.
- The philanthropist who, on the verge of being mugged in a dark parking lot, learns how his actions have had an unimaginable ripple effect across several generations.
- How one of the authors flew halfway around the world and used Law 18—“Make them curious”—to turn a make-or-break, five-minute meeting with a top executive into a long-term relationship.
- The chance encounter on an airplane with a famous actor that revealed a simple but profound truth. It’s Law 25: “Build your network before you need it.”
In Power Relationships you’ll meet famous entrepreneurs, corporate leaders, philanthropists, and an array of everyday people. Each of them teaches us something extraordinary about how to build the enduring, fulfilling relationships that help us succeed.
- REMEMBER; READING IS TO THE MIND, WHAT EXERCISE IS TO THE BODY! TAKE CARE, CONSTANCE