4 Profound Ideas About business - The E-Myth Revisited
The E-Myth Revisited is about four profound ideas, which if you take them to heart, will give you the power to create an extraordinary small business
Before I get into the main ideas of this book, I would like to summarize a few points to keep mind as you read through the 4 ideas.
- The E-myth is about producing results, not simply how to do it. It is not another “how to” book.
- What makes people work, is an idea worth working for.
- A great question to ask yourself: How are you setting up a business that is creating added value?
According to Greber, the myth in this country is the “E- Myth”. The E-Myth says that small businesses are started by entrepreneurs risking capital to make a profit. This is untrue. The reason people start businesses has very little to do with entrepreneurship.
The belief in the entrepreneur myth is the most important factor in the devastating rate of small business failure today. Understanding the E-Myth can be the secret to your business success
Turnkey business operations are the key to creating a sustainable and scalable business. What are some of the things you can do today to systemize your business?
Business Development Process: The business development process has the ability to transform any small business to an incredibly effective organization. This is a process for every activity and uses it to control its destiny; because of it the company will stay young and thrive.
The business development process can be systematically applied by any small business owner in a step-by-step method that incorporates the lessons of the turnkey revolution with the operation of that business. This process then becomes a predictable way to produce results and vitality in any small business
In the hit TV series, The Profit, Marcus Lemonis suggests that, successful businesses are based on mastery of the process, people, and product - the 3 P’s of profit.”
Let me leave you with a few final thoughts, from the E-Myth:
Do you know that business is nothing more than a distinct reflection of who you are?
- If your thinking is sloppy, your business will be sloppy.
- If you are disorganized, your business will be disorganized.
- If you are greedy your employees will be greedy, giving you less and less of them and always asking for more.
- If the information of what needs to be done in your business is limited, your business will reflect that limitation.
- REMEMBER; READING IS TO THE MIND, WHAT EXERCISE IS TO THE BODY! TAKE CARE, CONSTANCE